Most Internet marketers will tell you that the best way to make money with affiliate programs is build your own website and/or email marketing list. I do not disagree with this. However, I also know that there are ways to make money as an affiliate marketer without building a website or getting an autoresponder and building a subscriber base to mail to.
The keys regardless of which route you go is to be able to drive traffic. Pre-selling your traffic before passing it through to your affiliate sales page is smart, but not always necessary.
1. One thing I do not like about affiliate urls is how bulky and unattractive they are. Therefore, one strategy is to purchase a domain name and redirect it to your affiliate sales page.
This way if you promote your website address you’re promoting a professional looking website address. This also gives you the advantage of buying a domain name that contains keywords relating to the offer of the affiliate product you are promoting.
2. Another thing you can do is set up a landing page and redirect your new URL to it. With this strategy are not promoting your affiliate offer directly, but you are trying to build an email list before sending traffic to your affiliate offer.
You would not need to build a full-blown affiliate website, but you would need to set up an an auto responder. Of course the big advantage to this is you would now have names and email addresses you could promote other offers to in the future as well.
3. Some forms of paid advertising such as pay per click and discussion forums do not really want you promoting your affiliate offer directly. One way around this is to again promote your landing page, or you could even promote a social networking sites such as your Facebook page. This is easy to set up and serves the purpose of adding social media to your affiliate marketing mix.
4. Another thing you can do is write articles and submit them article directories. In the resource box you could hyperlink a keyword phrase to your affiliate sales page. You can also promote your new Facebook page, or even promote your landing page and build your subscriber base from your article marketing efforts.
5. Starting a blog is yet another thing you can do. Google will help you set up a free blog at Blogger.com. You can then add affiliate banners to it and make sales whenever people go to your affiliate website from your blog.
6. You can also purchase website hosting and set up a WordPress blog. This doesn’t take any real technical skills and it also serves the purpose of being a pre-sell website when you do it correctly.
I’ve never been one that likes to build websites. However, I also understand that making money in affiliate marketing requires a little bit more skill than just directly referring your affiliate sales page. The ideas in this article should assist you in doing that.