I have been earning money with affiliate marketing for quite some time now. What this means is that I have found many online affiliate marketing programs to earn money with.
I have also joined programs and not made any money. Some of this was my own fault and some of it is the fault of the affiliate program. Here are a few things I have learned over the years regarding affiliate programs and earning money.
1. Have your own website. This means buying a domain name and hosting it somewhere such as on Bluehost, Namecheap or Hostgator. You can Google webhosting and find any number of hosting sites..
It also means building a website or having it done for you. There is nothing wrong with paying someone to build your website. As a matter of fact this is a smart way to get started unless you have some knowledge about building websites. Otherwise, you will spend a lot of time learning a skill you probably are not interested in that much.
Another choice you have is building a website with the WordPress blogging platform. This is a good idea because once your site is up you can learn how to post content very easily. You can also learn how to customize your site easily too!
2. Find good affiliate products. This is known as niche marketing. It is a smart way to use affiliate products to earn money.
A niche let’s you fish in a smaller pond whereas a broad theme would be much more difficult. There are literally millions of these small niches in which you can earn money.
3. Blueprint for success. Why reinvent the wheel when people sharper than you and me have already figured out successful ways of affiliate marketing. This is why I use My Affiliate Power Site.
4. Drive traffic. What I mean by this is get visitors to your website.
There are many ways to do this. I suggest search engine optimization and social media. Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Pinterest, and even blogging are all good ways to get long term traffic to your site.
5. Conversions. Whether your online affiliate business model is trying to make money by the click, by the lead, or by the sale, you need to convert your traffic into the desired action.
The only way to do this is to analyze your website traffic and then make changes to your site as needed. Google Analytics is a good free tool for this.
6. Rinse and repeat. Once you have one site earning money you can branch out and add another site.
Do not move too quickly on this, but be aware that the best way to use online affiliate programs to earn money with is to have multiple niche websites working to help you do it.