If you’re using blogging as one of your strategies for your Internet Network Marketing business, I recommend considering the use of WordPress.org as the platform for your blog. A blog is just another kind of website, except that it?s much easier to create and update than an ‘ordinary’ website. Creating a web page using WordPress is almost the same as writing an article in Word for Windows or another editing application. In this article, we describe five reasons why you should use WordPress.org for your blog.
2 main kinds of foundations for developing a blog are:
1) A Web based program which is run by an internet community with their own policies and procedures. Examples of these are Wetpaint, WordPress.COM, Mindsay, Blogger, and numerous others.
2) A Web based community program which is completely controlled by the owners of the web hosting community. Examples of these are Wetpaint, Mindsay, Blogger, WordPress.COM, and numerous others.
Here are 5 Good Reasons to Use WordPress.org
Reason Number 1: The Search Engines love WordPress blogs
With just a small amount of knowledge about search engine optimization and keywords, it’s really easy to get listed on Google for your keywords.
The best way to have google index (have it listed in google) your new WordPress blog, is to submit your blog?s RSS feed to some search engines. Don?t worry about what an RSS feed is, if you don?t know. You don?t need to know what everything means, you just need to know what to do with it.
After you create your blog and write your first blog post:
1) Type in the Address of your blog in the Address Bar of your Web browser (preferably Firefox).
2) Once your blog is showing, look to the right of where your URL is typed and you should see a small orange box.
3) Click on the orange box and your web browser will open up the RSS feed. The text displayed may look strange, but don’t pay heed to that. The search engines will decipher what the RSS feed means.
4) Copy that RSS Feed URL and Paste it into Notepad or your favorite Text Editor.
5) Now, go to Feedage.com and Submit your Blog?s RSS Feed URL you just copied into your Text Editor.
6) Now go to Feedagg.com and Submit your Blog?s RSS Feed URL you just copied into your Text Editor.
The next day – after submitting your feed as described above – Look in the search engine’s index to see if your Blog is listed. To find your blog on Google:
– Go to the Google Search Engine at Google.com – In the Search box, type in the following:
site:yourblogurl.com (replace “yourblogurl.com” with the address of your blog)
After selecting the Google Search button, you should see your Blog displayed in Google?s listing.
Number 2: You will Save Loads of Time by Using WordPress because:
Here’s why you will save loads of time:
1) It is very Easy and fast to install. WordPress takes about five seconds to install, provided you are using a hosting company which allows you to do an instant installation. Make sure you get a web host that has “CPanel” if the web host has it, they will state that it has CPanel on their Feature page.
2) It has an easy to use administration interface, which allows you to find things quickly and work more efficiently.
3) It?s very simple to upgrade. The majority of the time, you can just press the “upgrade button” and wordpress will install the upgrade automatically.
4) It is super easy to keep track of comments and moderate, approve, and disapprove of them.
5) There are programs that you can simply “plugin” (with a couple of mouse clicks) to your blog. These programs are called “plugins” and permit your blog to simply do all kinds of other things, such as back up your database, make comments look different, allow for social interactivity like “tweeting your posts” or “sharing a post with Facebook”.
6) Prevent spam and save yourself a huge amount of time. Use the plug in WP-spam free and Akismet, and you won?t have any spam. (or very little anyway)
7) And, another huge time saver – you can write your posts in advance and schedule them for the next week or two. So? you could just log into your blog once a week, set up your posts, then relax or go on holidays.
3: SEO is Easy with WordPress
WordPress makes it VERY EASY to do Search Engine Optimization.
Here are some simple tips for making sure your content is optimized on your Blog
* Make sure your Categories consist of keywords, and select a relevant Category for each of your posts. Select only ONE category for each post, otherwise you will get Duplicate content.
* Find out what keywords your target market is typing into the search engines, then use those Keywords in your Blog Post Title.
* Use a Custom structure for your Permanent Links. A Permanent link is the URL for a blog post. The Permanent link (also named “Permalink”) consists of your blog name, the category, and the blog post title.
For example, the URL should look something like this:
However, if you don’t select a customized structure, your permalink may consist of numbers and words that don’t mean anything. This reduces the chances of your post appearing in google, when people search for your keywords.
Change the structure of the Permalinks by doing the following:
1) From the dashboard of your blog, select “Settings” from the left hand side menu. 2) Choose Permalinks, and select the radio bullet “Custom Structure”. 3) In the box next to “Custom Structure”, type in:
By typing the above custom structure, the Permanent Link (URL) for each of your posts will consist of:
Your Blog name + Category Name + Title Name for Post
* Make sure you have a Sitemap on your Blog. Use a plugin to automatically create a sitemap. The following are 2 good plugins: XML Sitemap Generator for WordPress and Dagon Design Sitemap Generator
Use the above sitemaps together, and you will get a google and User friendly sitemap page.
4: Easy To Update Your Web Pages on your Blog
It is very easy to create and update your content on your blog, with WordPress. And, you don?t need to know any HTML.
If you have owned an ordinary website (by that I mean, “not a blog”), you may have to contact your webmaster every time you want it updated. Or, perhaps you did what I did, and learned HTML. And, it might have taken you a long to learn the HTML and actually make the web page look nice.
Once WordPress is set up, it?s really easy to add new posts and new pages, and to update them. It?s easy to add images and videos to your blog posts and pages. If you have ever used Word for Windows (or something similar), you will be able to make a nice looking post on WordPress.
When you edit or write a new post in WordPress, little buttons are displayed above where you type your post. To change your text to bold or color or something else, just highlight the text then click whichever button required. If you want to format your heading, type in and highlight the text you just typed, then click on the “pull down arrow” where it says Paragraph.
Practise a little bit before you publish your post. There is a button you can click to “View your post” before publishing it.
5: It’s Simple and Easy to make your Blog look Great
The wordpress developers have made it really simple and easy to make your blog look beautiful. And, there are so many different ways your blog can look. Something known as a “Theme” or a “Template” is used to pretty up your blog after you?ve installed it.
There are literally hundreds of themes you can choose from, many are free and there are also a number of paid themes. The paid themes often have features that aren’t available in the free themes.
You can have any site created with WordPress. If you?re new to blogs, I recommend installing a free theme yourself, it?s very simple and easy!
There are basically 3 ways to get a Template or Theme:
1) Install it yourself from the Administration area of your blog.
2) Download a Template from another site on the Web, then Upload it to your blog.
3) Have someone else install and customize your blog for you.
How to Install the Theme yourself
There are 2 ways to do this – select a free theme from the administration area of your blog, or find a free or paid theme by searching through the themes available.
1. Select from Admin area Once you?ve logged into your blog, click on “Appearance” from the Left side menu, then on “Themes”. From the big Tabs at the top of your admin area, make sure “Install Themes” is selected. See where it says “Feature Filter Find a theme based on specific features”?
Tick some of the boxes, to have a selection of themes displayed, for you to select. Select fewer boxes to see more choices. Once you’ve made your selection, click on the “Find themes” button, then select “install” to get the theme you want.
2. Download a Theme from another website The official WordPress.org site has over 1,000 themes. Simply choose your theme from the selection and click on the Download button. When you download it, save to your desktop, so you?ll find it easily. After downloading the theme, go to the administration area of your blog, upload the zip file you downloaded, then click the button to install.
I’ve described 5 important reasons for using WordPress.org as your Internet Network Marketing blog. I trust that I’ve inspired you to use this particular platform for your blog so you find installation, modification and writing blog posts, simple and easy.