The Affiliate Code is another product by Michael Jones, the same guy who authored The Adwords Manifesto and The Clickbank Code. The Adwords Manifesto is about paid traffic using Google Adwords PPC. While The Clickbank Code is about promoting Clickbank products using both free and paid techniques.
The Affiliate Code is about promoting products as an affiliate in any network using free traffic methods. Of course, there is expenses involved, such as domain name, hosting and autoresponder, however it is optional.
So, want to learn how to market products online using free techniques? These are among steps involved:
1. Research for profitable industry. This step must come first. You don’t want to sell something that people don’t want to buy. You can use free tools like Google Trends or Free Adwords Keyword Tool to uncover profitable markets and keywords.
2. Product selection. One example to find quality product is by looking at its Clickbank gravity. If you are promoting Amazon products, check the number of reviews and rating given by customers.
3. Setting up your own domain and website. Make sure that you register domains with the keywords inside it. This will give effect to search engine ranking. Then, setup a website or blog. The best would be using WordPress since it is search engine friendly.
4. Autoresponder and follow up messages. Don’t call yourself an online marketer if you don’t have mailing list.
5. Free traffic strategy. There are tonnes of ways to drive free search engine traffic from Google or Yahoo. For example, by posting articles to directories like Ezine Articles or Squidoo. You can also setup your own blog and build tonnes of backlinks for Google juice.
6. Track and improve your campaigns. You will waste lots of time and money if you don’t track properly. You can use free tools available like Google Analytics or Statcounter to track your visitor’s activity and what they are doing. Avoid low-converting keywords, then improve your website to be more relevant.