Affiliate marketing is a powerful way to create an income online. The great thing about affiliate marketing is that in most cases it does not cost you a penny to begin working with it. One free method of making money with affiliate marketing is blogging.
Affiliate marketers are using blogs to help promote their links. Blogging is a free method of advertising your affiliate links and is not hard to set up at all. The only disadvantage of blogging is that it might take a little time before your blog builds up traffic enough to start seeing significant results. However, there are ways to get around that too (such as pay per click, but that’s not free).
Since we are referring to promoting your affiliate marketing links with free methods, we are going to concentrate on how to build your blog up naturally to the point where you will begin to receive organic traffic from search engines.
1. Set up your free blog. You can get yourself a free blog at either blogger or wordpress.
2. Create a title for your blog that includes a major keyword you are trying to optimize for. Also, if at all possible, try to include this keyword in the URL of your blog.
3. Once your blog is created, begin adding content to it. You can include articles, posts, videos, links or whatever else you want that is relevant to your affiliate marketing products.
4. Be sure to add anchor links using your targeted keywords throughout your blog posts. For instance, if you are marketing an affiliate product in the weight loss industry, you will want to target keywords relevant to weight loss and hyper link them into your posts. (you can find more information on this simply by doing a search if you are not familiar with the process).
5. Many affiliate marketers like to create “reviews” for their affiliate products. You can do this either by buying the product yourself and then writing out a review on it or simply searching for information on the product and gain enough knowledge on the product to be able to write about it. Actually owning and tying the product and then writing about it works best.
6. Add pictures and graphics to add personality to your blog and make it easier on the eyes.
7. Add fresh content to your blog frequently and then ping your blog with services such as PingOMatic. You can also submit your blog feeds into places like Feedest or Feedage.
8. Write articles and link back to your blog. Comment on other people’s blogs, use bookmarking, web 2.0, forum posting and other forms of marketing to gain backlinks to your blog.
That is pretty much how you can make money with affiliate marketing using your blog. The more popular your blog becomes, the more visitors you will get. The more visitors you get, the more sales you are going to make with your affiliate products. Again, it might take some time for your blog to get indexed in the search engines and for people to find it. If you keep adding fresh content, pinging and gaining backlinks, then you might just find yourself on the first page or two of search engines where you will begin to receive a flood of consistent traffic of motivated buyers.